• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

I edited, but I'm the person that lives in a situation where it's normal for us to have the A/C at 77 and until right now, we were seemingly trying to eek out leaving it off (or more, we weren't saying anything).

I'm so used to it that if I ever were to live alone and not with anybody else, I'd probably just have the A/C at 75 instead of even lower.

I rule the thermostat with a Josef Stalinesque iron fist. Maybe I am Iron Fist and I’m fighting to keep The Hand away from my thermostat. 76° in summer and 67° in winter.

6c7edb8e096c9d014db73b49cc09ab9f.jpg

On the plus side, even though this is a warm look in the near-term, we have the coldest air relative to average in our backyard and we're building the glacier to our north in Canada w/ a pattern like this, delivering snow to parts of the continent where it's most climatologically favored anyway. Early-mid November is usually garbage time for us anyway even in a great winter, I'm okay with this for the time being. Hopefully we start reversing our fortunes in about 4-5 weeks

1604000430760.png

On the plus side, even though this is a warm look in the near-term, we have the coldest air relative to average in our backyard and we're building the glacier to our north in Canada w/ a pattern like this, delivering snow to parts of the continent where it's most climatologically favored anyway. Early-mid November is usually garbage time for us anyway even in a great winter, I'm okay with this for the time being. Hopefully we start reversing our fortunes in about 4-5 weeks

View attachment 51373
I agree with this. It seems like the last few years that we just haven’t had any luck with building cold air and snow pack where it would do us the most good come December and onward. I gave up on following Siberian snow cover two years ago because I just simply didn’t see it doing us any good here. However, if we can at least build the cold in Canada, it will be there to tap into... at least from time to time even in mild winter.

I agree with this. It seems like the last few years that we just haven’t had any luck with building cold air and snow pack where it would do us the most good come December and onward. I gave up on following Siberian snow cover two years ago because I just simply didn’t see it doing us any good here. However, if we can at least build the cold in Canada, it will be there to tap into... at least from time to time even in mild winter.

Yeah I agree with this, I certainly would much rather pay attention to snow cover locally in N America than Siberia. The snow cover extent-polar vortex linkage has been suggested by some to be tied to multi-decadal variability, thus in certain phases of the AMO/PDO for ex, it breaks down and is basically irrelevant and vis versa.

Back