• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Natural and World events ( non political stuff )

They've already been testing this for years.
The machine, named Derecho, began operating this month at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and will allow scientists to run more detailed weather models for research on solar geoengineering, said Kristen Rasmussen, a climate scientist at Colorado State University who is studying how human-made aerosols, which can be used to deflect sunlight, could affect rainfall patterns.

The machine, named Derecho, began operating this month at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and will allow scientists to run more detailed weather models for research on solar geoengineering, said Kristen Rasmussen, a climate scientist at Colorado State University who is studying how human-made aerosols, which can be used to deflect sunlight, could affect rainfall patterns.
A new supercomputer is helping climate scientists determine whether injecting human-made, sun-blocking aerosols into the stratosphere would also alter thunderstorms and rainfall

A new supercomputer is helping climate scientists determine whether injecting human-made, sun-blocking aerosols into the stratosphere would also alter thunderstorms and rainfall

Not with this more advanced super computer.

I saw patents on the aerosols years ago. Funny how they act like it's a new thing. ?

Has anyone here ever gone to the rivers in SC to look for sharks teeth, including Megaladon? I know you really have to dive the Cooper to get the big ones but there is a lot online about people going to the banks of the Chandler Creek outside Summerville and the Morgan River outside Beaufort, and I have even met people who have found handfulls of the things. I am heading that way soon and are very interested in giving it a try. Anyone know of a particular spot or place that is good, is river access a problem?

I was staying in Nags Head when this happened. A huge fire at a beach house in Kill Devil Hills killed a 13 year old and two adults. Just terrible for a family on vacation to have this happen. I wonder what caused the fire.

A lawsuit has been filed against Hawaiian Electric alleging the fire started because of downed powerlines that didn't have power turned off to them.
I have a suspicion it was poor vegetation management, similar to PGE in California. wouldn't need to cut the power if the surrounding vegetation was cleared. I know this is why Duke is probably being more forceful and dedicated to their programs.

Back