• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

I’d rather the cold signal get held back a bit more to late March, cool days in late March/early April are pretty good, problem is we switch to summer after that lol with nothing in between (which I don’t mind but some do)

I've for a long time been a big radiation fan and my time walking around dusk in Hogtown on good rad. nights intensified my appreciation of it further. You want to see some first class radiation? Feast your eyes on this at Augusta:

6 PM AUGUSTA-BUSH CLEAR 57 17 21 NW6
7 PM AUGUSTA-BUSH CLEAR 47 25 42 CALM
8 PM AUGUSTA-BUSH CLEAR 41 29 62 SW5

16 degree drop in 2 hours thanks to a 21% RH at the start!

Also, note how much the dewpoint rose, which is common in these radiational situations during the evening.

Last edited:
Glenn Burns in Atlanta talking about a big cool down coming in after the warm up next week... he also mentioned moisture... not that this has worked out this year... and he’s probably wrong.. but what the heck?‍♀️

Glenn Burns in Atlanta talking about a big cool down coming in after the warm up next week... he also mentioned moisture... not that this has worked out this year... and he’s probably wrong.. but what the heck?‍♀️

I’m hoping for another cooldown (at least as good as the current one) to make it to the SE after the warmup due to the favorable Pacific factors of -EPO/-WPO/MJO (despite no -AO, -NAO, or +PNA bring progged on GEFS). But to even just hint at possible wintry precip in ATL from this seems a bit overdone as of now at least from what I’ve seen on model consensus and considering it would be during the last half of March. I’m not saying it is anywhere near impossible as it has happened well into April, but it becomes pretty rare once past the midpoint of the month.

If we do see anything wintry I needs to happen at night. I wouldn’t entirely rule out something just the chances are slim. The models have pulled everyone in all year just to let us down. So of course the models will do it one last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do see anything wintry I needs to happen at night. I wouldn’t entirely rule out something just the chances are slim. The models have pulled everyone in all year just to let us down. So of course the models will do it one last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The models just aren’t “smart” enough to really know far in advance what really is going to happen. So, they do a lot of psyching as a result. The secret to avoid the letdowns is to just not believe them more than a few days out since they’re so bad. But as I’ve said, them being bad actually makes the forecasting challenge so much more interesting.

Looks like the GFS finally got a idea with the northern stream energy, it’s been holding it to far north while the v16 has agreed with other models, it’s clear the v16 is better 4F4EF08A-5243-4E07-82A3-DEC85524880C.pngA571206A-4963-4E0F-AE92-53778866D064.png

Back