• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Bleaklies will be released shortly. If anyone has access to them, please post how they look.

Lol that’s not good given that pattern is favorable for CAD, could end up with CAD boundary tornado setups, those types of things especially become increasingly more Favorable later into spring, but yeah that western US trough signal is something
I’ve had 4 tornadoes come within 5 miles of my house since I moved here in 2010. They have all been the result of CAD boundary storms. As consistent as CAD has been lately, that makes me a little nervous

I’ve had 4 tornadoes come within 5 miles of my house since I moved here in 2010. They have all been the result of CAD boundary storms. As consistent as CAD has been lately, that makes me a little nervous
Yeah no joke lol CADs are gonna start resulting in severe wx shorty

Yeah no joke lol CADs are gonna start resulting in severe wx shorty

Yeah, wedge boundary tornadoes are scary. That's what I was referring to the other day about the CLT being a mini tornado alley. Given how active we've been, I have a feeling we are in for some nasty storms around here, after this possible snow.

Yeah, wedge boundary tornadoes are scary. That's what I was referring to the other day about the CLT being a mini tornado alley. Given how active we've been, I have a feeling we are in for some nasty storms around here, after this possible snow.
Gonna dump out west with a SE Canada vortex, in winter that’s ice,very cold rain, in spring that’s a cold rain/CAD boundary severe wx setup

Gonna dump out west with a SE Canada vortex, in winter that’s ice,very cold rain, in spring that’s a cold rain/CAD boundary severe wx setup

I know last year was pretty bad but most of those tornadoes that hit around us were EF-0-EF1. Have we ever had CAD boundary setup that produced a significant amount of EF2 or higher?

Temp has also plummeted to 60F from 66F. Secondary push from that front

Happy hour GFS: a little snow in W NC mtns and otherwise cool to cold rain as it is quite a bit too warm most areas that have precip for snow (mainly 40s-50s) and 850s a little above 0C. Still kind of a close call, however. If this were to track a little further north and it phase, it could bring just cold enough air down for more widespread mainly NC snow. Still a pretty good longshot as of now though.

Last edited:
Happy hour GFS: a little snow in W NC mtns and otherwise cool to cold rain as it is quite a bit too warm most areas that have precip for snow (mainly 40s-50s) and 850s a little above 0C. Still kind of a close call, however. If this were to track a little further north and it phase, it could bring just cold enough air down for more widespread mainly NC snow. Still a pretty good longshot as of now though.

This is a great take. We’re so snow starved we pray for every cold rain to do the improbable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a good trend for once

Less rain!

View attachment 77426

HRRR agrees

c05db8b96af3a32566bbf361b8bdbee0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back