• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Apparently even Atlanta got almost 8 inches of snow from that storm. Never even knew about this storm.

Yep - I was a junior in HS. My mother came in and woke me up, I thought for school. But she said “look out the window.” And there was 8” of snow on the ground. Still blows my mind. No local mets predicted it.

Yeah that is pretty close......found this map on WeatherUS and wow that's some seriously widespread heavy SE snow anytime of the year much less the last week of March...granted it has a 981 MB low just SE of Hatteras and this does not match the previous map I linked showing a much more widespread snow with bigger totals especially over NW NC etc

View attachment 77376
What was interesting about this storm is that the area between GSP up to the CLT metro, those heavy amounts fell almost entirely during the daytime after highs being in the 50s the day before... so much for warm ground temps and high sun angles.

If we can get this PV lobe to dig back towards eastern TN/N GA instead of hanging out over northern VA, the Carolinas are gonna get smoked.

View attachment 77391
Geez. If we end up that close meteorological spring gets an F from me. In all seriousness though a little less push from the west coast and that would have been a great run

I’m liking where we sit today. I don’t really want good trends until Wednesday/Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say perhaps start to see some good trends tomorrow if something is going to happen. I would like to start seeing a little bit from ensembles today.

Let me just say the last couple of days were amazing! Especially yesterday. Reached and afternoon high of 82. So I'm kind of in the camp of not wanting to go back to the cool damp pattern. Unfortunately it looks like that is exactly what is in store for tomorrow. More 40 degree rains? any sign of winter releasing its grip? Atleast until next winter.

Gfs is just a little too progressive to phase in time. The vortex over the NE is backing off which is helpful

Yeah Icon was better.....we are 6 days out.....if it is going to snow this weekend it would be nice if the models could all agree on that by tomorrow and then just hold that solution till it actually happens...

throw-me-a-freakin-bone-here.jpg

Back