• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

I actually really like we are. Nothing to get my Hope's up and just a change or 2 away from something decent. This far out suppression is always preferred for MBY. If I show snow 5-7days out here its gonna rain here and snow in the triad. Let's keep.this look till Wednesday then start ramping it up.

Bingo! Surprised no one else seems to feel the same way. Probably just from model fatigue and being disappointed all winter. A lot of good storms start with suppression and or sheared in the 5-7 day range. It's March, so we are entering a very active weather period. No reason this thing system can't bomb. I am not getting my hopes up by any means at this juncture. But I like where a lot of us sit at the moment.

Last edited:
The Icon has been anything but a cold biased model. Maybe the past month has yielded hiccups,exceptions. Canadian suite I agree.
"I got sunshine on a cloudy day" just started popping through past half hour. We will leave the 50s in the dust and get in on some of the early spring wx most have been enjoying this weekend. Albeit if only for 5 hours. Heavy Rains should roll back in tonight. Ill sign up for any kind of dry right now. Desperate, pastures are a mess, septic drain lines, yard,golf course.

This doesn’t seem like a system that goes from snow to cold rain. This one being so suppressed tells me we will have cold. So we either have snow or cold and dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either way that’s fine by me, kill off the bugs and weeds staring to grow in my backyard

This doesn’t seem like a system that goes from snow to cold rain. This one being so suppressed tells me we will have cold. So we either have snow or cold and dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cold part of the forecast is getting closer to a given now. The Euro, if taken at face value, has below normal dominating the SE March 2-10 with freezes pretty deep into the SE March 7-9! It could very well be overdone, but it appears that it is still going to be a nice break from the cruddiness of the last few days from my perspective.

So far, the Happy Hour GFS gives me little reason to think it will reverse the trend of recent runs for wintry potential 3/6-7 but we'll know for sure soon.

Back