• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Muddy March 2021

Yeah ,I don't think this is going to happen, especially when the Pacific during this timeframe still won't be great.
Euro is probably going to end of in the coldest quarter of it's ensembles at 12z. That's said the look is fairly possible we are just at the mercy of the wave off the west coast and the eventual wave break and where it occurs. Too touchy to really go all in either way

Yeah that lasts about two days before its back to above normal temps again. Nothing argues sustained blocking other than transient episodes so this will be your typical ups and downs of Morch
Yep looks like it unless we are able to wave break our way to a -nao. Then we get into some dookie pattern while places to the south and west have awesome seasonal days

Watch the cold shift more towards Texas/AR/LA/MS/TN within the next run or 2 and we got near normal temperatures.
Good I’m done with winter. 75 currently in north Georgia and sitting on my screen in porch watching bugs and birds flying around. Btw.. I got a feeling mosquitoes are gonna be bad we really didn’t have ass kicking cold in Georgia it will be a different story in Mississippi!!

Don’t those phases not become as effective for cold tho later ? I know IO forcing in spring = cooler

I always have understood that the deeper we go into March, the less impact MJO has
I know it definitely influences hurricane season but other then that getting later idk, I know it was the reason behind the May 2019 torch

Back