• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

It’s gonna have to go around the mountains or into the gulf. Clippers occasionally give us snow but there fairly rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that the ao/nao managed to stay positive all winter. Also the nao was supposed to be predominantly negative due to low frequency forcing.

Not to mention our tendency to get a +TNH but a +EPO, this May very well cause issues for severe season

That’s a solid signal from the GEFS once again just like our last storm for it being 7 days out View attachment 36296View attachment 36297
Going to want the OP to start showing something IN ADDITION to a few more members showing something. As is, there's at least a chance, which is a win given this miserable winter. But to have a realistic shot, we need more agreement and more than one big dawg member.

Do you have a accumulations map of that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the location may be different, but the same general idea of a clipper with a little bit of gulf influence is the thing to watch.

AL_map.png

Obviously the location may be different, but the same general idea of a clipper with a little bit of gulf influence is the thing to watch.

AL_map.png
Didn't this storm start off as a clipper than ended up with a gulf low?

AL_map.png
That one was a heartbreaker. I was living in Birmingham at that time, and all the Mets we're calling for 3 to 4 inches of snow.

gfs_ref_frzn_seus_12.png
Gfs trying to spin a low? Could get some nice snow showers in the mountains

At this point, I'm rooting for a rogue teen low... 22 is still the coldest recorded temp at CHA officially. That's borderline a record, I think. Warmest cold season low.. Will have to look it up.

Back