• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

GFS gets clipper snow on a line from Jackson TN to Birmingham AL at 00z..then down into Carrollton GA
In the history of clippers, 2 inches is the max ever for CHA, down in the valley. As per Neal Pascal, old and disgraced former tv met in our region. I miss his weirdness. He was always going out on a limb with his forecasts while all the other local tv mets stuck to NWS dictum.

icon looks a lot wetter for the weekend....got to cool her down a little
I thought it was already supposed to be cold this weekend?
Looking like the upstate might be out of this event looks to effect Alabama and western Georgia or there still hope for the upstate to see something
I believe this is good news if you want any chance at snow in upstate sc. it’s trending better each run. A few tweaks here and there and we could be in business.

I thought it was already supposed to be cold this weekend?

I believe this is good news if you want any chance at snow in upstate sc. it’s trending better each run. A few tweaks here and there and we could be in business.
It look like it is coming in further west from last run but it keeps on coming into upper Alabama then it heads southeast from there into Georgia and out to sea

In the history of clippers, 2 inches is the max ever for CHA, down in the valley. As per Neal Pascal, old and disgraced former tv met in our region. I miss his weirdness. He was always going out on a limb with his forecasts while all the other local tv mets stuck to NWS dictum.
Neal was the only one I watched back when I lived in Chatt in the early 80's

As someone who frequently sees snow from clippers, as sure as gulf/seaboard systems correct NW, clippers correct N/NE. It's rare to see them drop that far west/south.
Your right about that. I've seen clippers on rare occasions that actually trended west as far as MS. Could be more than a clipper if it creates it's own low, and pulls abundance of moisture with it.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_22.png
TN looking great this run

Clippers in Deep Winter don't produce much in the Tn Valley, unless in the higher elevations.. Late Feb, forgeddiboutit.

I don’t mean to rain on yalls parade but you don’t really want to be in a d6 clipper bullseye
Just look at the 00z GEFS some members have multiple clippers and some more moderate events for all of the south east.. someone in the south is going to get some fun snow out of this ..

Looks like the Alabama folks could finally see some snow this winter. Stlll a bit skeptical about this one, but let's just see how things trend.

Always be skeptical of a clipper. If you get surprised that is great, but whatever models show never buy them for a clipper until it's coming down.

Back