• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Also, as of 5/14, this has been the hottest start to May ever for DFW, with a departure of 77.9*F

Incoming number 3 albeit weakening

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-195639_RadarNow!.jpg
    Screenshot_20220516-195639_RadarNow!.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 5
Also, as of 5/14, this has been the hottest start to May ever for DFW, with a departure of 77.9*F
Looks like you're going to get a break this weekend, whereas we then get the heat. You'll fall to the low/mid 80s as we jump into the mid/upper 90s late week.

Dallas:
Saturday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83.
Saturday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Sunday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 86.

RDU (which does cool down by Monday):
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 93. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 97.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 73.
Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 94. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Will be interesting to see if the NWS goes to New Bern to do a survey. Spotters reported power flashes and debris but CC never really dropped out and confirmed that.

For the last couple of weeks, I've missed out on any significant rain. But today I got two good storms; one dropped .73" and the next one .37" for a total of 1.10"..........Finally!
Almost as much as I've had all month, whopping .02 today

One more wave of heat before I think some real potent MCV train potential occurs at least for Thursday into Friday this upcoming week. Many more should be happy by the end of that especially along our northern border where there seems to be a greater chance of training systems in what appears to be the favored orientation as of right now

Heavy storms today for my backyard.. gusty non severe stuff but impressive shelf and heavy rain. Good day overall. Ready for pool

Back