• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

DFW will need the 90°F+ days to continue until Saturday to tie with the longest streak on record for May (previously set in 1996).

Projections right now are that it will fall 1 day short, unless the front slows down like the 12z GEM advertises...

Also watch the old front that will start moving north tonight into tomorrow along with some old mcvs moving west in the zonal flow. Soundings on Thursday are somewhat atypical for nc and favor very large hail and higher end wins gusts. The big issue will be timing of the mcvs and overall forcing. I would wager that spc adds a mgnl or slight for good part of Va into the northern half of NC in future outlooks

Last edited:
Thanks to a fair amount of convective debris today, only made it to 95°F at DFW (1 degree shy of the record high).

Edited to add that this worry is not based on anything other than the fact that I am almost two weeks from the last rain and not seeing anything promising over the next 7 days.
7 days later and still no rain. Grass in places starting to brown out.

Not likely, but it is possible. It has happened before.
Yeah I’m fact it happened around the same time last May. Spent an afternoon in the mid to upper 40s with rain after starting the day in the low 60s. The key is to get that to verify there would have to be some decent rainfall with it

Back