• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

This “drought” ain’t nothin .. back in the day we used to have the whole damn SE in major drought- significant drought. We don’t drought like we used to anymore ?
There’s a 2 acre pond behind my house that I used to fish in as a kid. I can remember during the extreme drought in the early 2000’s when the pond had about 6 inches of water in a puddle in the middle. The bass never recovered. No big ones in there anymore.

There’s a 2 acre pond behind my house that I used to fish in as a kid. I can remember during the extreme drought in the early 2000’s when the pond had about 6 inches of water in a puddle in the middle. The bass never recovered. No big ones in there anymore.
We had the same thing in the late 90s. The catfish survived in the mud but never caught another bass out of our pond.

DFW will need the 90°F+ days to continue until Saturday to tie with the longest streak on record for May (previously set in 1996).

Projections right now are that it will fall 1 day short, unless the front slows down like the 12z GEM advertises...

00z models have trended slower with the cold front just like the GEM.

So Saturday may still have a shot at 90°F yet...

Lol come on....I know we like complaining about it not raining every day around here, but 75% of the area is white.

Now this is a drought:

View attachment 118545

Also, I know people were looking for wen heat too. Yay

View attachment 118546

This “drought” ain’t nothin .. back in the day we used to have the whole damn SE in major drought- significant drought. We don’t drought like we used to anymore ?
Why does everything have to be a freaking debate? Nobody said we're in a significant drought and I haven't seen anyone say we're headed for that. But some people are having to water gardens or yards already, which isn't a disaster but isn't debatable either. And when I posted I only received x amount of rain, that's not really a complaint as much as stating a fact about the weather in my area on a weather board. ?‍♂️

Why does everything have to be a freaking debate? Nobody said we're in a significant drought and I haven't seen anyone say we're headed for that. But some people are having to water gardens or yards already, which isn't a disaster but isn't debatable either. And when I posted I only received x amount of rain, that's not really a complaint as much as stating a fact about the weather in my area on a weather board. ?‍♂️
When I’m down and blue I just remember one thing . Tarheel was very excited during his very cold April . So excited they skipped spring right into summer . From 40s and rain and snow to 80s and humid and hot . Warms my heart . Brings a tear to my eye .

6e3b59f9292ef5ff681cbbccd85480f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I’m down and blue I just remember one thing . Tarheel was very excited during his very cold April . So excited they skipped spring right into summer . From 40s and rain and snow to 80s and humid and hot . Warms my heart . Brings a tear to my eye .

That was beautiful man. I miss Winter Weather Expert Paul Kocin breaking it all down. ?

You're right. Sorry for the debate

GFS continues to bring fronts through with regular rain chances for the next 2 weeks. Decent pattern if it verifies.

In a few days, tropical moisture with start flowing up into the SE accompanied by several disturbances riding ride up the Atlantic Ridge. My local NWS is anticipating Heavier Rain than modeled. I think someone along the Apps and Ohio Valley will see a hefty flood event.

Back