• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

I think the first half of May might be us correcting for a brutal May last year heat wise. Of course I don't remember a thing from then because that spring before May was so emotionally tough, but it was absolutely shocking when I looked and saw that there was multiple days in a row of KAGS hitting triple digits last year in this month.

It was so hot last May that I think the JUNE high temps averaged out slightly cooler.

Well, Sunday was day one of the warmer weather that might make it iffy on the air conditioner, and I'm not sure we're going to make it to Wednesday, where we may be home free. It was quite warm even near sundown and the house temp is borderline right now, even past midnight, to where it might come on.

I think the first half of May might be us correcting for a brutal May last year heat wise. Of course I don't remember a thing from then because that spring before May was so emotionally tough, but it was absolutely shocking when I looked and saw that there was multiple days in a row of KAGS hitting triple digits last year in this month.

It was so hot last May that I think the JUNE high temps averaged out slightly cooler.

Well, Sunday was day one of the warmer weather that might make it iffy on the air conditioner, and I'm not sure we're going to make it to Wednesday, where we may be home free. It was quite warm even near sundown and the house temp is borderline right now, even past midnight, to where it might come on.
Just go turn it on ?

Hmmmm November- December’s getting warmer and April- mays getting colder ... ?
That's fine with me. Warmer than normal in Nov and Dec means comfortable weather and the same goes for Cooler than normal in May. My preference is for Warmer than Normal in Winter and Cooler than Normal in Summer. That maximizes the number of comfortable days.

What a strange start to May... Unseasonably warm this weekend to unseasonably cool next weekend lol

Also watching for maybe an MCS tomorrow night as the heat ends

The real strange part for the SE US is not the warmth imo but the upcoming pretty lengthy chill going deep into the SE. This kind of thing just hasn't happened very much during any season the last few years.

Not that I necessarily believe it, but one could use their imagination and say that the virus has shut down so much driving that it cut back a large enough volume of carbon emissions in combination with the current 200 year grand solar minimum to suddenly cool back the globe. What a beautiful story that would be if real. In actuality, UAH did cool back sharply during March-April. It was the sharpest NH 2 month cooling in 32 years! So, why did this happen?

"In April, 2020, the Northern Hemisphere experienced its 2nd largest 2-month drop in temperature in the 497-month satellite record.

The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for April, 2020 was +0.38 deg. C, down from the March, 2020 value of +0.48 deg. C.

The Northern Hemisphere temperature anomaly fell from +0.96 deg. C to 0.43 deg. C from February to April, a 0.53 deg. C drop which is the 2nd largest 2-month drop in the 497-month satellite record. The largest 2-month drop was -0.69 deg. C from December 1987 to February 1988."

Will we later say hindsight is "2020" about the unexpected start of a great NH and global cooldown in "2020"? Could it be"??

Last edited:
Back