• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Btw if you didn’t look at the 12z euro, it had absolutely insane High temperatures for June 1st, highs barely getting in the mid 60s and 850s around 3-5C, this is stuff you get in early March and personally imo it can ---- off, I need the pool to warm up once I get out of this damn quarantine AC471E8C-BFE4-421B-A7A2-4402539A8ACF.png

Btw if you didn’t look at the 12z euro, it had absolutely insane High temperatures for June 1st, highs barely getting in the mid 60s and 850s around 3-5C, this is stuff you get in early March and personally imo it can poop off, I need the pool to warm up once I get out of this damn quarantine View attachment 42144
sun is great ... but skin cancer is a side-effect ... moderation in excess rather than excess in moderation ... :cool:

Btw if you didn’t look at the 12z euro, it had absolutely insane High temperatures for June 1st, highs barely getting in the mid 60s and 850s around 3-5C, this is stuff you get in early March and personally imo it can poop off, I need the pool to warm up once I get out of this damn quarantine View attachment 42144
I can remember it being this cool in early June one time early in the 90’s. At the time Carowinds held a graduation night opening for seniors that had just walked and that year I remember WBTV reports from Carowinds and everyone was wearing hoodies, jeans, and winter hats... lows got down into the upper 40s

Can you please stop spreading false information? It doesn't do anyone any good. People come to this website to learn, not to be told inaccurate information. We have had a lot of rain over the last 2 weeks, you act like it hasn't rained since March. The Upstate and the Western/Central Carolina's have had more than their fair share of rain. You act as though we are in a full drought. Just chiilll out, please.

Shetley is definitely a rain lover. If it is not physically falling from the sky when he posts then the droughts on baby!

Well, GFS had it on a Hurricane Fran track (Wilmington to Raleigh) and instead it takes the Hurricane Hugo track (Bulls Bay to Charlotte)

Euro caved over night. Been just awful with this setup the past couple of days.

View attachment 42160

GFS wasn’t great either. It had the bullseye much too far east (Raleigh and points eastward). As it stands this track splits the difference between Euro and GFS/NAM, and to Euro’s credit it was the first to sniff out a more western track even if it went overboard.

Epic fail for the Euro on this, looks like high res models and GFS did fairly well overall with the track inside 48-72 hours.

GFS wasn’t great either. It had the bullseye much too far east (Raleigh and points eastward). As it stands this track splits the difference between Euro and GFS/NAM, and to Euro’s credit it was the first to sniff out a more western track even if it went overboard.

GFS was in the ball park, the NAM was the best...the Euro was complete garbage, it was tracking this into central GA. 12z Euro run from yesterday compared to the 3km NAM. The NAM might be 20 miles to far east, the Euro is 300 miles to far west. There is no splitting the difference on this for the Euro.

ecmwf-deterministic-se-precip_24hr_inch-0645600.png

nam-nest-conus-carolinas-precip_24hr_inch-0645600.png

King EURO did however show Bertha possibility awhile back while others refused. Gotta remember the King is better at medium to long range IMO. Occasionally NAM works 1 to 2 days out.

Long range models seem to be okay at sniffing out the big picture, but aren't what they used to be for specifics and tracks. Have to wait for the NAM and other short range models 48 hours out to really know what's going to happen. Can't plan on anything more than 48 hours out these days.

Long range models seem to be okay at sniffing out the big picture, but aren't what they used to be for specifics and tracks. Have to wait for the NAM and other short range models 48 hours out to really know what's going to happen. Can't plan on anything more than 48 hours out these days.
Lol. The dudes above are calling the NAM King when it shows a sprinkle despite there being flash flood watches along i77. NAM has done terrible and will constantly adjust too.

Miami approaching 19” for the month after dealing with 50+ wildfires in the state.

One positive, while low temps have been warm high temps have been gegnerally cooler than normal. However, day after day we are overperforming ! Its 77 right now when 73 and rain was called for . Dew of 67 so muggy as well.

Back