• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May be?

Hrrrv4 was about to get interesting with a MCS, the hrrrv4 has done extremely well even out in its “long range” View attachment 40777View attachment 40778

It'll be interesting to see how this transpires over the next couple of days. SPC has us highlighted in a general t'storm area, and then have their Day 4 outlook showing a threat in the Plains and part of the TN Valley. After this threat, it may a while before we are able to track or get a decent thunderstorm, especially with the cooler weather returning midweek.

I loath summer temps, I mean loath......I have lived in swamp humid eastern NC my entire life but I HATE THE HEAT.....there is only one valid reason for it and that is to fuel those wonderfully awesome dusk thunderstorms we get on the sea breeze every other day.....did I mention I loath the heat hehe......so the next few weeks look wonderful to me.

It'll be interesting to see how this transpires over the next couple of days. SPC has us highlighted in a general t'storm area, and then have their Day 4 outlook showing a threat in the Plains and part of the TN Valley. After this threat, it may a while before we are able to track or get a decent thunderstorm, especially with the cooler weather returning midweek.
Yeah the threat of some type of MCS early next week is possible, but yeah unless there’s a quick warm sector setup in between these digging troughs which did happen in April, than the threat of storms will likely be slim till mid/late May

MCS going over the mtns is tricky forecast may not know until it reaches Boone, NC.

Yeah the threat of some type of MCS early next week is possible, but yeah unless there’s a quick warm sector setup in between these digging troughs which did happen in April, than the threat of storms will likely be slim till mid/late May

Which would normally suck, but with all the severe weather we've seen this season, I guess it'll be a nice break. Still, the weather nerd in me wants something to track. A month without storms would suck, but that's only one man's opinion.

Ill be looking for this from July through Feb when it won't happen. Well maybe in NovemberView attachment 40781
You know how fast those blues and purples would be moving offshore if it were January ??‍♂️I haven’t looked at maps in months but would I be correct in thinking this is all driven by a +PNA?

You know how fast those blues and purples would be moving offshore if it were January ??‍♂️I haven’t looked at maps in months but would I be correct in thinking this is all driven by a +PNA?

Here’s the answer to your question, the closest we smelled something like this was that low-moderate winter storm back in Carolinas during February, quite sad this pattern decides to show itself when pools begin opening EEC53528-E0F4-4491-9325-3D914C4B6727.png
if there’s any hope for warmth, it’s that the subseasonal pattern looks extremely favorable around late may 25706E9A-E6F5-455F-855A-09ACBD4B5BE5.png

Here’s the answer to your question, the closest we smelled something like this was that low-moderate winter storm back in Carolinas during February, quite sad this pattern decides to show itself when pools begin opening View attachment 40782
if there’s any hope for warmth, it’s that the subseasonal pattern looks extremely favorable around late may View attachment 40783
The only thing missing there is a -AO. Text book winter pattern...in May ??‍♂️

Won’t be long before you get a flatter look like this, even with the impending cool down, strong/amplified pattern is hard to come by in the southeast during late May thru August, this colder pattern will probably last thru mid May or so before things heat up, so for the next 2 weeks or so, better enjoy the cooler weather while it lasts D464577C-B37F-4DAD-B3B3-D48F21FB24C7.png

This better not turn into something, I don’t think it will, for areas more north anyways, SE Canada vortex is the saving grace, altho that trough in the NE has been trending faster to move out which makes me eye this, especially near the gulf coast areas C23C3ED1-DE85-46E0-A54C-B5ED8802EA78.png

Back