• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

True the heat presented on the Gfs tho is pretty basic stuff .. don’t even see 90s past this heat wave we have coming up .. should mean more opportunities for rain cooling us down
Nope the airmass that’ll start coming in is the the high 80s dews in the upper 60s/low 70s swamp ass air

Was summer 2010 dry your way? CLT metro was hot that summer, but we had fairly consistent thunderstorm activity and precip was around average. Also from what I’ve read NOAA now does think the NIÑA is breaking down and we are likely headed to neutral ENSO through at least next winter...that should help keep most of the SE out of any severe long term drought. If we were going into a 2nd year NIÑA, it could get ugly.
[/QUOTE]
At RDU it was , I would have to check maps of the region as a whole since summer storms are boom or bust. For instance last July I was very very wet here but RDU was drier.

Helps with storms and keeping 90s away .. will feel moist tho
The 90s won’t be gone for long , our average high will hit 90 in late June and stay there into the first and start of second week of august . So we will crawl from mostly 86-88 to 90 day after day.

Euro looked like it had a little gulf tropical storm lurking in the next 24-48 hours ... confirmation or is this just noise?
Honestly as I’ve looked at satellite and radar today, it looks some convection is trying to organize though to the NW of the Yucatán peninsula. Oddly enough, I think about week or so ago, the GFS was hinting at something forming in the Gulf around this timeframe.

Back