• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern March Thread

Local area low temperatures, one of these is not like the other.

1) KPDK: 30F
2) KFTY: 30F
3) KATL: 37F

1647263227809.png

Local area low temperatures, one of these is not like the other.

1) KPDK: 30F
2) KFTY: 30F
3) KATL: 37F

View attachment 115602
Again, as you all know, this has been a huge debate and debacle of the official temp for ATL. Just like changing the clocks, this "official" reporting station is outdated and antiquated.

It looks as though the damage to berry crop in the Carolinas from this weekend’s freeze will be devastating. I work in produce merchandising for one of our local grocery chains and most local suppliers are telling us that most likely retail orders will not be fulfilled this spring. It’s a shame too since we’re no longer in the excessively wet pattern that we’ve seen the last several years, the berries had the potential to be very sweet.

It looks as though the damage to berry crop in the Carolinas from this weekend’s freeze will be devastating. I work in produce merchandising for one of our local grocery chains and most local suppliers are telling us that most likely retail orders will not be fulfilled this spring. It’s a shame too since we’re no longer in the excessively wet pattern that we’ve seen the last several years, the berries had the potential to be very sweet.
But this was "great" to some here

We only had a couple intermittent intervals of stratocumulus today. On balance, majority of the time was sunny.

After a high of 78*F yesterday, the rest of the week (today included) and the upcoming weekend should be no cooler than than mid/upper 60s. Will have to watch Thursday evening though for more severe weather potential...

Keep it coming!

gfs_T2m_us_57.png

Where did this crap come from tonight? That line totally caught me unaware.

There are some good hints for the next cooldown/drydown to be late month in the SE after a period of warmth dominance.

Back