• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern March Thread

I spent the day yesterday near Emory. The azaleas were in full bloom in some yards and the leaves are already gaining good size on the trees. The UHI is serious in Atlanta. The difference between ITP and my place on leaf out is at least 2 weeks if not more.
Yeah , inside 440 Raleigh versus out here is pretty different as well. Raleigh is leafing out very fast , probably a week ahead of me . Even saw crepe myrtles inside Raleigh with small leaves forming . Those are usually the very last . Although I’ve seen some azaleas last few days in bloom even out in the countryside . Mine aren’t in bloom yet though they look close .

Sure temperature has something to do with leaves coming out... But what about sun angle? Seems like I heard a few years ago that sun angle is more important than temperature?
Low temperature is the most important ! Can’t have nonstop frosty nights

An intra-hour high of 70°F today saved DFW from breaking its current 70°F+ streak the past 7 days. Should continue at least through Sunday, maybe longer.

Also, March should end up right around normal, with a departure of +0.4°F.

Correction: March ended with a +0.3°F departure.

Back