Pattern March Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
It appears to be a 5-6 day long pleasantly mild to cool dry snap ~3/25-30. I'll surely enjoy it as I will this Sun into Mon.

None of this has changed for the next two days as well as for ~3/25-30.
Today is absolutely gorgeous and it feels so good. Highs in the low 70s at most with dews in the 30s along with a refreshing breeze making it near perfect for outdoor activities. Pretty cold tonight with a low in the low 40s, pretty close to average of January.

Today is absolutely gorgeous and it feels so good. Highs in the low 70s at most with dews in the 30s along with a refreshing breeze making it near perfect for outdoor activities. Pretty cold tonight with a low in the low 40s, pretty close to average of January.

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Euro has highs in the 40s next Sunday and Monday and barely 50s Tuesday with more freezes. How disappointing

Keep in mind that the Euro has been cold biased overall, especially for highs and it is colder than the GFS' 50s for highs in RDU. Also, the lows for Mon/Tue are warmer on the GFS as I'm sure you've seen.
OTOH, climo doesn't argue against a freeze. Since 2000: 2001, 11, 13, 15, and 19 have had freezes on 3/28, with 11, 13, and 15 also having one on 3/29. So, not that unusual and it wouldn't at all surprise me if there is at least one in much of the upper south. Now down here, getting another freeze is very highly unlikely though one more frost wouldn't be shocking.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the Euro has been cold biased overall, especially for highs and it is colder than the GFS' 50s for highs in RDU. Also, the lows for Mon/Tue are warmer on the GFS as I'm sure you've seen.
OTOH, climo doesn't argue against a freeze. Since 2000: 2001, 11, 13, 15, and 19 have had freezes on 3/28, with 11, 13, and 15 also having one on 3/29. So, not that unusual.
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing the 12z eps plumes. The op was in the coldest few percent of the suite at 0z so it may very well be too cold

Last edited:
The ULL on Goofy sure reminds me a lot of those two clippers that dropped a lot of spring snow on me this century. Cutting across me, carrying it's own cold air. I'm watching for a deja vu, what do you think? I think Greg will be interested too, lol. Sorry Greg, that was mean. Those two dumped a bunch of spring snow on me, and left him out of the mix. That's a reverse whammy for what usually happens.

Reactions: EmersonGA
lol But freezing first under a -NAO block

gfs-ens_T850a_namer_26.png