• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 2-4 Severe weather Threat

Euro has some ridiculous CAPE values in south Alabama on Sunday.

The Euro is absolutely nasty across AL and GA. Moisture continues to increase with dew points 65-68 across the area and any less convection and that 2000+ cape gets north.

I'm gonna throw 3/15/2008 as my analog at this point.

The Euro is absolutely nasty across AL and GA. Moisture continues to increase with dew points 65-68 across the area and any less convection and that 2000+ cape gets north.

I'm gonna throw 3/15/2008 as my analog at this point.
That was a nasty day..
080315_rpts.pngday1otlk_20080315_1200_prt.gif

ICON looks quite menacing and has some sharp temp differentials in NC as well. This is definitely looking like a severe threat if things hold.
1551303477766.png

I personally wouldn't mind a little teeny wedge right along the blue ridge escarpment to enhance local baroclinicity and horizontal shear in the central-western piedmont. This is actually largely why there's a secondary local max in tornado track density over Charlotte and Winston-Salem w/ the main corridor being my old stomping grounds in Fayetteville and areas along/just east of I-95.

View attachment 16797
Im interested do you have this map for South Carolina Webb?

Yeah the ICON is bad looking.
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_34.png

Im interested do you have this map for South Carolina Webb?

I don't have the same map for South Carolina on hand but the stripe of deep red would be generally along the I-20 corridor from Augusta to Columbia & Florence-Dillon +/- about 75 miles.

Probably some high helicity along that wedge front

CAD erosion severe setups like that are really good at producing tornadoes on the I-85 corridor from Charlotte to the Triad. You just have to erode it to the right degree, too little erosion and you're socked in w/ cold rain, too much and you get too far into the warm sector to benefit from the enhanced horizontal shear and helicity near the CAD boundary.

EPS falling in line. About to go look through the members.

Edit: a lot of agreement within the members.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back