• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 2-4 Severe weather Threat

Seriously I dont know what to believe. The Euro all of a sudden amps up the threat again for AL/GA on the third and would be a very dangerous setup. Cape in south AL exceeds 2500 with favorable shear. In fact, it looks to be trending where we started except a day later.

I hate our models.

Edit: The more I look through the Euro, the more concerning it becomes. If and that is a big if it is right, that would be a big problem.

Last edited:
Seriously I dont know what to believe. The Euro all of a sudden amps up the threat again for AL/GA on the third and would be a very dangerous setup. Cape in south AL exceeds 2500 with favorable shear. In fact, it looks to be trending where we started except a day later.

I hate our models.

Edit: The more I look through the Euro, the more concerning it becomes. If and that is a big if it is right, that would be a big problem.

I hate our models.

I really hope this doesn't happen.

No doubt the 12z GFS is trending toward the Euro.

Yeah I think the Euro is the model to lean towards right now for this and with that it looks like there might be a chance for some severe weather, especially if there is ample sunshine ahead of the system.

I don’t see our wedge this time, the Carolina wedge

I personally wouldn't mind a little teeny wedge right along the blue ridge escarpment to enhance local baroclinicity and horizontal shear in the central-western piedmont. This is actually largely why there's a secondary local max in tornado track density over Charlotte and Winston-Salem w/ the main corridor being my old stomping grounds in Fayetteville and areas along/just east of I-95.

small.allen.nc.tornado.density.png

I personally wouldn't mind a little teeny wedge right along the blue ridge escarpment to enhance local baroclinicity and horizontal shear in the central-western piedmont. This is actually largely why there's a secondary local max in tornado track density over Charlotte and Winston-Salem w/ the main corridor being my old stomping grounds in Fayetteville and areas along/just east of I-95.

View attachment 16797

Yep and I definitely remember March 3rd 2012, wedge front moved north allowing instability and a EF2 tornado to develop
22657EC8-17A6-4EE2-B833-D86650ABC439.png

Back