• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Hard to overstate how insane 4.27 was. It’s once-in-a-generation for a reason, similar to the superstorm of ‘93.
That was just an insane combination of "Wintertime" dynamic with "summer" dewpoints, so everything went off the charts. . To me the other thing was the combination of concentration of Tornado tracks with their also striking so many population centers. The April 3-4, 1974 was "stronger and more violent," but stayed mostly away from major populations with stronger storms. The exceptions were Loiusville KY, and Huntsville, AL. metro areas

That was just an insane combination of "Wintertime" dynamic with "summer" dewpoints, so everything went off the charts. . To me the other thing was the combination of concentration of Tornado tracks with their also striking so many population centers. The April 3-4, 1974 was "stronger and more violent," but stayed mostly away from major populations with stronger storms. The exceptions were Loiusville KY, and Huntsville, AL. metro areas
Huntsville got hit both times

Don't forget about the Dayton, OH area. Xenia got hit pretty hard with the 74 outbreak.

Would like to have seen the radar for that event. Images from 4.27 remain imprinted in my brain forever.

Speaking as a witness to the Guin storm in 74 from my parents front porch and as person in the 4/2711 event, I can tell it is totally out of respect of these events I watch all your posts and I pray this one is total hype. The smells and the sounds are forever imprinted in your mind.

Wednesday gives me vibes where there could squeeze out a couple strong tornadoes given the good directional shear, but it looks mostly uncapped and initiation happens around 18z which could mean grunge later on, however as the LLJ picks up in the evening/night, embedded supercell structures could have a increased tor threat

Gotta throw this out there... convection, boundaries.. etc... from Monday evening and Tuesday will all determine what happens with the big Wednesday system. Definitely some variables to consider...

What's interesting to me is that what happens Wednesday is already determined as are the convection/boundaries of Mon evening/Tue. But with the models not smart enough to know any of this, Mon eve-Wed all remain a mystery to us and thus the uncertainty generates forecasting discussion.

Last edited:
What's interesting to me is that what happens Wednesday is already determined as are the convection/boundaries of Mon evening/Tue. But with the models not smart enough to know any of this, Mon eve-Wed all remain a mystery to us and thus the uncertainty generates forecasting discussion.
You must smoke weed hahaha you always making forecasting so deep lol all this predetermined stuff ?

Back