Severe March 13-15 Central Upper South Severe Threat

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
So looking at the 12z NAM and following the trends the Sigtor and storm perimeters have slowly been ticking better farther east into AL past few runs and now the latest run even throws out a modest threat sounding for bordering West GA counties should be interesting to watch next few runs.

2019031312_NAM_039_33.95,-84.98_severe_ml.png

the hrrr 12z it shows supercells popping up over alabama around 6 or 7 oclock. Ready to see what 18z shows

Reactions: Rick
Yea tomorrow will be covering a lot of ground affecting many people. Ohio Valley and the Southeast could both see enhanced risk out of this. I've been so busy the past few days, havent been able to analyze it like I like to.

Reactions: stormcentral
Cips analog guidance shows the majority of severe reports happening over Tennessee and places south for tomorrow in setups similar to this one.

This soundings does support isolated tornadoes at the onset then quickly switches to damaging winds, your getting strong winds aloft which would mix down to the ground with t-storms combined with dry air entrainment which would create decent negative buoyancy also with t-storms which means stronger downdrafts, I’d be concerned for damaging winds with a sounding like this, Downdraft CAPE argues that aswell
4DF3C503-CC82-42CB-B361-9F07F3630B8E.png

Reactions: stormcentral
This soundings does support isolated tornadoes at the onset then quickly switches to damaging winds, your getting strong winds aloft which would mix down to the ground with t-storms combined with dry air entrainment which would create decent negative buoyancy also with t-storms which means stronger downdrafts, I’d be concerned for damaging winds with a sounding like this, Downdraft CAPE argues that aswell
View attachment 17721
Where's that sounding located at?

Reactions: Myfrotho704_