• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 13-15 Central Upper South Severe Threat

HATE TO SAY IT BUT I THINK THE HRRR WILL BE THE BEST "THIS IS MY OPINION" IT HAS BEEN THE MOST CONSTANT THUS FAR

Hrrr was a little to aggressive for today and back in TX, I’d go with something in between the hrrr/NAM, hrrr has been aggressive with discrete activity lately only for it to fold a bit

When do yall think the tornado watch will be issued here? I say by around 12 o clock
Screenshot_20190314-070826_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The NAM and WRF isnt impressed and neither am I. Both models show the best cape lagging the best wind fields and being in place when the upper level winds from 850mb to 500mb being unidirectional. If the cape can overspread the area faster we may have a slight threat, if not Im expecting something closer to the last event except with lower helicity. Probably a semi-linear line of storms.

We're in the watch and wait mode now. Lol focusing on models right now wont help us a whole lot just have to see what happens. North alabama is taking precautions though there already having a good bit of schools closing by 12:30 or 1

The NAM and WRF isnt impressed and neither am I. Both models show the best cape lagging the best wind fields and being in place when the upper level winds from 850mb to 500mb being unidirectional. If the cape can overspread the area faster we may have a slight threat, if not Im expecting something closer to the last event except with lower helicity. Probably a semi-linear line of storms.

what I’m thinking, I don’t think this is going to be a big day, soundings do support damaging winds tho due to such dry air aloft/DCAPE

Already a couple reports of Tornadoes, most notably in Kentucky near a NWS office I believe.
Yeah, they got the best shear/BRN shear parameters rn, only with 500-750jkg of sfc CAPE, best shear is lifting north, they have a shot at a strong tornado

Yeah, yesterday I noticed the helicity values over Alabama specifically were lacking or non-existent for our time frame. I wouldn't let my guard down (Usually there is always a rogue surprise in these setups) but I would consider this a low-end tornado event for most of Alabama (Just my opinion).

Back