• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 13-15 Central Upper South Severe Threat

Allergies says I can’t sleep so why not look at these soundings tommorow in TX/NM :)
These storms are gonna have some giant hail with them, not to often you see such a fat hail growth zone, low freezing levels and bulk shear to help hail develop, 2nd one is concerning when it comes to tornadoes, these soundings support violent/explosive updraft development, might see a strong tornado tommorow, gonna be some good structure with some LP supercells that develop in NM
909D3B5B-F131-4E37-B814-74F910E26B2B.pngA5A1D8DF-AF60-4A0F-869F-AFBED204FF65.png

Could see some strong tornadoes today, hrrrE is very high with tornado probabilities, many models point to discrete supercells between 20-00z, I don’t see why there wouldn’t be a few wedges

Well there's been a tornado confirmed south of Carlsbad, NM, and that storm also has a history of hail that is up to 2" in diameter.

Edit: Here's a picture of that tornado:

Here is the current warned storm
bb2158fafe05c2710379ee2bf08b907a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Baseball sized hail possible with this one:

HAZARD...Tornado and baseball size hail.

The tornado warning is for Southeastern Lea/Southwestern Andrews/Northern Winkler counties in far SE NM and south Texas.

Well go crazy then 3km....
Soundings support supercells all the way towards Detroit, look at those supercells tho on sim radar, I forgot where you live @SoutheastRidge but be weather aware Thursday, I know you live somewhere around these storms, shouldn’t be strong tornadoes or anything to crazy but supercells shown like this is concerning
3EA9B0D7-26F2-4881-9BCA-DD0F67D87F79.jpeg7786BD9E-529F-4221-A7FE-95325995570B.png

Last edited:
There was just indications of debris northwest of Lubbock, probably a quick tornado

Back