• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

Be very careful with "simulated radar" it does not mean the precipitation isn't just virga. Using the total precipitation maps are best here.

This sucks for my area, although precipitation looks to be 0.10+, meh.. no flakes.

download.png

oh forget ? I just asked then lol

This is the best look the area has per GFS.. as you can see, no go even with some flakes way up there.. temps.... 46F with a dew of 40F.

0002.png

The warm Atlantic strikes again! Anyway, here’s the clown map for entertainment only (not buying it right now but gives up to 1” not far from @GeorgiaGirl by the way):View attachment 17289

Yeah that might be flurries mixed in with rain. That's close lol, maybe just merely over the border. I'm not holding my breath though to the point where I'm getting up early.

FV3 clown fwiw: actuals not important but look at the trend: snowiest yet by far just like most all other 12Z models:0C0098EE-C7A3-4FF5-9DBD-2D688DAE14BC.png

awesome maybe I'll drive to just west of Augusta lol

You will want to go up to from Florence into the SC/NC border county area.. IF the HRRR is even close to right.. I don't trust simulated reflectivity maps, especially from that model.. but you'd be better off going that route to have a chance.

Back