• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

Shawn

Administrator
Reaction score
Since we are within 5 days, and the topic is dominating the March pattern thread, here you go.

Eh not bad but sfc temps are a little warm, but wetbulbing to the lowest temp would help out
99A8FC1D-FB8B-4421-B878-E5AEBD280DC2.png

Eh not bad but sfc temps are a little warm, but wetbulbing to the lowest temp would help out
View attachment 17132
Obviously still a ways to go but for a marginal winter event, especially for March in NC, that’s a cold sounding by our standards. Even in the dead of winter we struggle to get anything aside from a deep 0C isothermal layer.

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Obviously still a ways to go but for a marginal winter event, especially for March in NC, that’s a cold sounding by our standards. Even in the dead of winter we struggle to get anything aside from a deep 0C isothermal layer.

Right, no warm nose, no nothing, this is the best sounding I’ve actually had this whole winter for snow other then maybe a tad bit warm sfc temps and another thing is this, with our energy trending stronger on the gfs, all this would do is help develop the band better
82AA5445-088C-4BE3-B8C9-670C039E5AB6.gif

That energy that the gfs shows is really what’s helping us out to develop a band off the mountains along with lee side enhancement, I wonder if this little band of snow can get any convective characteristics ?
Convectiveness would be the only thing in our favor to get us over an inch type of event .. quick mover and light precip won’t cut it but regardless I call it a win if I see flakes

Also weird how the Gfs has been seeing this and it’s ensembles have slowly and now fully support the solution yet the Fv3 and cmc And Euro are out to lunch with this? Anyone have a take on why?

Back