• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

snku_acc.us_se.png

If anyone here doesn’t think that 0.8” accumulation in central GA is fake news, please reply.

ehhh, I dont like the LR hrrr at all but we’ll see
Me either. Looking at the 0z nams there is a little saturation in a couple of layers and some lift but nothing crazy. HRRR might be over done a little but I wouldn't be shocked to see a little virga around.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 0Z Euro gives a very small area near @GeorgiaGirl ~1/2" of SN from 0.10" of qpf on Mon night. Perhaps a little bit of sleet or snow in the mix but 1/2" of accum?? Come on King, are you drunk?

So, the new rule is 7 hours afterward instead of 7 days afterward?

I'm waiting just a few more minutes to see the 0Z EPS for Monday night before saying night night.

I actually already went to bed at about 8-9 ish because I have to work at 5am in the morning and now can't go back to sleep lol so I guess I'm also up for the EPS technically.

So, the new rule is 7 hours afterward instead of 7 days afterward?

I'm waiting just a few more minutes to see the 0Z EPS for Monday night before saying night night.

EPS shifted the precip NWward, back to where the 0z suite was last night.

Arguably the most impressive EPS suite yet.

Reel it in @deltadog03

I definitely stand a chance of getting something down in Fayetteville Tue am

download - 2019-03-04T022321.497.png

FFC considering adding some flurries to the forecast for middle GA.

Will be seeing an exiting weak system of low pressure as the
extended portion begins. With colder temps in place during the
morning, came close to adding some flurries in but moisture does
not appear to be sufficient enough at this time to support.

Hey @Webberweather53 due you think Tuscaloosa and Birmingham have a shot at some flurries if the moisture moves more north in Alabama

EPS shifted the precip NWward, back to where the 0z suite was last night.

Arguably the most impressive EPS suite yet.

Reel it in @deltadog03

I definitely stand a chance of getting something down in Fayetteville Tue am

View attachment 17269

Holy cow, snow being shown to be falling as far south as Abbeville, AL, as well as Albany and Tifton, GA, on the EPS is crazy!! I don't mean crazy that's impossible, I mean crazy that would be such a rarity! I mean Macon and Augusta are one thing, but 100 miles further south all the way down to Albany and Tifton? I'm not even talking about the 0.1"+ accum showing here, which I'm not believing for now, but just that it has any snow falling period there! It is extremely rare for just flurries or sleet that far south for any month! It has been exactly 50 years since Tifton has received a T of snow or sleet in March! Could we be seeing a little bit of history tomorrow night there and nearby? Well we do have an airmass to the north in the Midwest that is the coldest in March in decades. So, who knows?

On another but related subject, there's an interesting dichotomy between the GFS and Euro suites the last few runs on qpf , with the contrast being the largest on this latest run with the EPS' even heavier qpf as Webb showed and which is within only about 36 hours! The 0Z Euro, supported heavily by the EPS, has an area of qpf centered new Brunswick, GA, that measures 0.25" for the 12 hour period Tuesday 1 AM-1 PM vs the past 4+ GFS suites measuring virtually nothing! This is very unusual for being so close!
The CDN/GEPS happen to agree strongly with the Euro suite by the way.

Last edited:

Keep in mind that FFC wrote this before the 0Z Euro suite was released.

Back