• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

Just got back to ATL

Breakdown

Leave Macon at 1235 pissed I wasted time.
Starts pouring rain in Forsyth
Switches to sleet near High Falls and is pouring sleet.
Switches to snow around Locust grove and was coming down at a good clip for about 15 min. Was fun to watch.

The rain in Forsyth was POURING at 34 degrees. So close

Definitely looks like I'm driving south later tonight towards Lumberton, Elizabethtown, or maybe Whiteville as soon as a heavier band shows up.
hrrr wants to give some areas near 3 inches now, probably overdone but still a nice little event for them, many of the soundings in that band have good lift inside the DGZ so that band could suprise many

hrrr wants to give some areas near 3 inches now, probably overdone but still a nice little event for them, many of the soundings in that band have good lift inside the DGZ so that band could suprise many
This is so frustrating there’s 20-25 dBz about 2-3 miles to my south and nada to the north, like cmon lol

I have some to share when I get back to my place this morning. I’m currently in boardman in northern Columbus county and it’s snowing very hard. Sticking to grassy surfaces but luckily not the road

Sounds great man, enjoy the snow! Hrrr and 3km have been snowing a band of 1-3” of snow per kuchera, I didn’t believe it but based on radar I’m thinking they may be close.

Back