• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

Let's see what happens here in Sumter County, SC. Hoping to see some flakes when I awake. Is this usually reliable though?

That map, is showing more than others, and would include sleet/flakes mixed with rain. Temps suck for us around the Midlands. We need heavier rates to even think of cooling it down enough. 850mb is cold enough currently, though.

Macon, GA stayed predominately rain and they have had the heaviest returns yet. They're sitting in the upper 30s currently. We're around the mid 40's.

Well, now I'm impressed. I heard it in the house, and it's sticking on raised surfaces, coming down pretty good. This is better than a backhanded compliment. I've gone thru a lot of winters where I didn't get this. Edit...now I'm up to a half dusting. Deck, metal surfaces, leaves, grass...dusted. I wasn't expecting this...kind of pretty good grapple/snow...and steady. Edit 2....went to steady snow such that it was foggy looking out towards far objects, quiet steady snow, and now just occasional flakes, but it's moving in from the west, and back filling from Athens, already to a few miles east of me. Curious event, and the models got it right, just not the geographical coverage, or the qpf...but it did snow here, lol. edit 3...and now it's snow grains, or balls, or whatever...I'm getting the gamet. It may not be sleddable, but it's educational and entertaining. Now if I can just see those soccer ball sized flakes again so I can get a pic, I'll feel fulfilled ....short of getting to sled the state road, lol.

Last edited:
Temperatures are just not cooperating anywhere, even in the areas that were supposed to see the most according to short range models. Hell, temps are rising here in Columbia. Really hope someone on the board can sound off Winter with some sort of a surprise cause this is looking like a bit of a dud. Models have done terrible this Winter.
I still think places like sumter and east may still have a chance

Just listening to the weather channel in the background, the temp has risen like 4 degrees tonight in CAE.

#cantmakethisup #thisiswhythethreadtitlesaysit
Yep, I was at 42.1 at around 8 pm, not I’m at 44.4 with light rain... and now I’m going to bed. Good luck everyone.

Just listening to the weather channel in the background, the temp has risen like 4 degrees tonight in CAE.

#cantmakethisup #thisiswhythethreadtitlesaysit

Wow that’s crazy, we’ve dipped from 41 at 7 to 37 currently. Why is the temp rising there?

Side note: We really need to root for our friends in the Midlands to score, it’s been 5 years since they’ve gotten something.

Wow that’s crazy, we’ve dipped from 41 at 7 to 37 currently. Why is the temp rising there?

Side note: We really need to root for our friends in the Midlands to score, it’s been 5 years since they’ve gotten something.
warm nose? I'm not sure

Back