• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

This is just raw liquid numbers. Snow is not a factor in any of these numbers, as I don't expect temperatures to support it, even if we have thicker moisture possibly getting into the snow growth region like the RGEM or RAP for example, would show. The 12z EPS mean does have a trace 0.01 amount of "snow" through the Midlands, though. The GEFS does not.

I'm putting these numbers together for future reference on light events/NW trends with a less than idea low pressure placement.
I knew you were not factoring snow, I was just asking what you thought of it as a whole. But yeh, I figured. It doesn't snow here anymore, how could I forget.

I knew you were not factoring snow, I was just asking what you thought of it as a whole. But yeh, I figured. It doesn't snow here anymore, how could I forget.

Yeah, I can't even give you a flurry because the temperatures actually rise after the moisture scours out! They're just models, and nothing is impossible.. maybe there will be some left over moisture to get a little flizzard going at the very end somewhere in the Midlands.. I feel like the Northern areas around the NC/SC border as of now. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Initial target area is Griffin, GA. Will make adjustments before I leave around 12 tonight.

Where should I send my condolences to? Please find a zone that looks good on the majority of EPS members/GEFS members vs an HRRR/RAP run lol.

You may only need to chase in your back yard.
Well hopefully, I’m in Athens rn skeptical it trends that far NW.. hoping that I only need to go down to the conyers/Covington area.. any further south and I probably won’t go.. I’m really sacrificing sleep with this one.. I gotta be up by 7am if i plan to head back in the morning..

Flurries would be a win here imho, any accumulation is a steal. I think we’re in about the best spot to see something if any snow were to fall in NC

I wonder how that activity the hrrr keeps picking up on around the CLT area will do, shows me with snow but a decently dry dgz, still able to support small snowflakes

Back