• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Teddy

Teddy wanted a special advisory too

...TEDDY RAPIDLY INTENSIFIES INTO A 90-MPH HURRICANE...

SUMMARY OF 300 AM AST...0700 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...15.5N 48.7W
ABOUT 840 MI...1350 KM E OF THE LESSER ANTILLES
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...90 MPH...150 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 320 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...981 MB...28.97 INCHES

Possible fly in the ointments I’m seeing 1) going over cooler waters from Hurricane Paulette could limit intensity and trend west as a result 2) Sally moving offshore SC and making a new storm could change the track 3) trough slings Teddy into east coast could include a significant area given its so far out 4) Gulf Stream influences 5) shear 6) energy from sally is absorbed by Teddy

Please tell me the 12Z GFS doesn’t have Teddy moving slowly W at 120 underneath a blocking NE high. Enough is enough this season!

E17449CD-A022-42EC-BC63-5CAC74484164.png

It will still recurve but will it catch some of the NE on the way out?

Edit: It looks like it won’t.

Last edited:
Please tell me the 12Z GFS doesn’t have Teddy moving slowly W at 120 underneath a blocking NE high. Enough is enough this season!

View attachment 48783

It will still recurve but will it catch some of the NE on the way out?

Edit: It looks like it won’t.

Too many more changes and NC north may have to start keeping a closer look on it. It should still recurve but the trends need to stop now because of they continue well that would just be all 2020 wouldnt it.

Wonder how the G4 missions are playing into these changes?

Too many more changes and NC north may have to start keeping a closer look on it. It should still recurve but the trends need to stop now because of they continue well that would just be all 2020 wouldnt it.

I think it still recurves but we've also seen this movie before.... definitely not writing it off yet that's for sure

The good news, assuming Teddy will stay away, is that with the trend of a closer Teddy, the home grown activity that had been showing up just off the SE coast seems to have diminished on many recent runs. I’m assuming that’s because of Teddy’s closer proximity.

Back