• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

I think anywhere from Pecola to PC is my bet

GFS so far, about to turn NNE at hr 42 and pretty close to the 12 and 18z runs..maybe a smidge slower in speed, but strong

In GA that 36 hours is the difference between a hurricane warning and a tropical storm warning by county....people hunkering down or not....they blow off the tropical storm. My family is from there. Obviously the cane doesn't care what county you live.

I wonder if they will issue tropical storm watches for the southern and central CWA by tomorrow morning/early afternoon, they're already forecasting tropical storm conditions as far north as the metro Atlanta area.

Touch slower, much stronger, same track
b7550a8b96b09caeb9be4f21145f3f8d.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So 0z models have new data, only difference with the GFS is really strength and slight timing, Lord I hope goofus is being goofus

Not surprising. Michael has been intensifying under 20kts of shear which will drop below 10kts per NHC and the upper air mission data indicated the shear was low ahead of Michael too. This extra data is likely why the uptick in intensity. FWIW the 32km NAM was the strongest it’s been too.

GFS is slightly south this run, but basically rolls right over my house..lol. I just got home and realized that the euro was a descent shift West over GA. Brings some 70+ MPH gusts here....

Interaction with the front expanding precip maximum in central/western NC... could cause some minor flooding issues, fortunately he ain't lingering around

Back