• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Laura

Perhaps this competition will keep it weak and may be why the Euro and GFS are weak?
12Z EPS, like the 0Z EPS, is vey quiet through 132 with only 1 of 51 at TS+ strength!
Later as it gets to near the E GOM, it develops some members like the 0Z did. Also, there are a few weak members off the SE coast with one nearing H strength as it passes just offshore the NC OB.

Last edited:
Strings out the vorticity and fast movement. Likely competing circulations within the trough.

Sounds similar to the way Isieias formed. Took a while to figure out which area would develop and that is always a problem for early modeling to pin down which sometimes will effect long range results.

Looks to be getting its act together in the latest vis loop.

40b0f8f6a2084b1ae17fe2f8861a3110.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad for the Carolinas as it stays weak off FL coast....will be interesting to see if Euro moves to East coast tonight.

gfs_mslp_uv850_seus_fh186-252.gif

12z Navgem....interesting

View attachment 46665

Not that the navgem needs to be taken seriously as it's not best but the difference IMO between it, the icon, and ukie is a stronger storm earlier and further east COULD cut down on impacts to Florida and offer an earlier and cleaner miss off the east coast versus a scraper like the gfs had.

Not that the navgem needs to be taken seriously as it's not best but the difference IMO between it, the icon, and ukie is a stronger storm earlier and further east COULD cut down on impacts to Florida and offer an earlier and cleaner miss off the east coast versus a scraper like the gfs had.
I agree.....I watch it only for consistency to see if it aligns with others. Euro tonight will be interesting....if it moves east.

Back