• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Tuesday could be a raw wet day here . models showing my area under the deformation band along with a breezy north wind and highs in the mid 60s. Burrr

She is starting to expand. Western side looks MUCH more healthy right now. Either might not mean much, but it does look a bit better.

Check this out...IMHO pretty important and telling changes for sure. Notice to the west and especially NW (closer to us) how the flow is starting back and tilting toward the NW. Tells me the motion will start to change. *prob current heading* but most thing it tells me its leaving the possibility for her to maintain her strength if she can just skirt the West coast of FL and not totally go inland, its backing the flow to its west and NW and almost looks like its creating an outflow channel. *SD* pointed out yesterday that this could happen.
https://atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/wxloop.cgi?wv_east_enhanced+12

Check this out...IMHO pretty important and telling changes for sure. Notice to the west and especially NW (closer to us) how the flow is starting back and tilting toward the NW. Tells me the motion will start to change. *prob current heading* but most thing it tells me its leaving the possibility for her to maintain her strength if she can just skirt the West coast of FL and not totally go inland, its backing the flow to its west and NW and almost looks like its creating an outflow channel. *SD* pointed out yesterday that this could happen.
Chris, almost like a supercell following along an outflow boundry (i.e. Path of least resistance)

Its crazy, if she takes a east inland then were slow, but if she takes incredible west wobble then this thread is booming

Looks like a lot of dry air just to the west of the cyclone that could get sucked in

Looks like a lot of dry air just to the west of the cyclone that could get sucked in
It could and eventually will but the flow is almost backing and instead of pushing dry air east, Irma is almost pushing that back NW The citrus shield NW of her is showing that possible senario. It might not, but it’s changing a bit ahead of her

It could and eventually will but the flow is almost backing and instead of pushing dry air east, Irma is almost pushing that back NW The citrus shield NW of her is showing that possible senario. It might not, but it’s changing a bit ahead of her
Yep, Shield has made it to me.. Winds ENE 20-25 with peak gust here of 41

... just popping in after getting power back - yes a large chunk of NW Gainesville went out for a couple hours already ...
... just want to say - This ain't fun ... :mad:
Carry on ...
Yikes.
An extreme wind warning was issued for the projected landfall location . I haven't ever seen a product like that before.

The winds in north Georgia seem to be on track with what the Euro had progged so far, does this bode for some of those higher wind estimates to maybe yield results? I know we originally maybe thought those could have been overdone.....

Here's a couple we don't see too often ... :(

MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL11_ww1_1280x720.jpg

Hur_Track2.gif

Back