• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 2)

Question will be can she burp out the dry air coming in from the NW quad...you just never know in the end but the area she is going to be traversing is bath water 85-88 degrees so and we have seen storms rapidly intensify before along this portion of the SW FL...I think she can maintain but I also believe she may have peaked

Question will be can she burp out the dry air coming in from the NW quad...you just never know in the end but the area she is going to be traversing is 85-88 degrees so and we have seen storms rapidly intensify before along this portion of the SW FL...I think she can maintain but I also believe she may have peaked
I guess all about if she stays off shore or inland

If she doesn't make a turn west soon, she will be making landfall again soonish. It definitely looks like she is almost moving due N.

Whats this mean? For those who doesn't have a clue
Basically, look at the chart to the side with the purple boxes. The top box indicates where the dropsonde was dropped, and the bottom is the surface. The winds at the surface were measured at 150 mph per that drop.

If she doesn't make a turn west soon, she will be making landfall again soonish. It definitely looks like she is almost moving due N.
Moving NNW ATM Naples looks about as good as any area for secondary landfall question becomes then does she bend back NW as some models show and if so is it offshore or just inland

Only wobbles...general path is alightly north of northwest. Going to skirt west Florida as a Cat 4

I think it is more than just a northward wobble. Keep in mind that the 0Z Ukmet had an unexpected further east track than both its prior runs and all of the other major 0Z models. Was this model onto something? She now looks to landfall in SW FL as opposed to just skirting SW FL. Naples?
This means a bigger hit to SE FL at the minimum. Look at how high the water is in the Miami area now!

What is it that is going to force Irma to turn the west inland? (or supposed) What would be the driving force that makes the storm bend back to the west?

emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
904159cf3ca080e9ffcb7e32e8798156.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Yeah so much for that "feedback". It's honestly pretty interesting how most were hyping the crap out of Irma undergoing rapid intensification yesterday over the FL straits despite the fact shear would increase substantially in < 18 hours, there was an appreciable amount of downsloping off the higher terrain of Cuba that was eroding the southern semicircle of the eyewall which most NWP models couldn't resolve, and cat 4-5 hurricanes usually don't fully recover after land interaction anyway... Definitely makes the broken clock, worst case scenario crowd (Joe Bastardi et al) look like a broken clock again...

Yeah so much for that "feedback". It's honestly pretty interesting how most were hyping the crap out of Irma undergoing rapid intensification yesterday over the FL straits despite the fact shear would increase substantially in < 18 hours, there was an appreciable amount of downsloping off the higher terrain of Cuba that was eroding the southern semicircle of the eyewall which most NWP models couldn't resolve, and cat 4-5 hurricanes usually don't fully recover after land interaction anyway... Definitely makes the broken clock, worst case scenario crowd (Joe Bastardi et al) look like a broken clock again...
That's the thing that many missed. The sheer took more out of Irma than the hypersonic thought of they thought that at all than what the water could put in.

I know everyone is tired of Irma, but I think it would be cool if you guys would do another live show after it's all over to discuss the storm. I know I would tune in.

This is a Tampa pro Met, not NHC, talking about possible new landfall point:

Paul Dellegatto FOX‏ Verified account @PaulFox13 6m6 minutes ago

"#Irma about 20 miles east of #NHC forecast point. Small change in track means big change in landfall point. Looks south. Bonita Springs area"

11AM NHC track has shifted slightly east of its 5AM track due to the recent more northward move

Back