• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir. I’m curios to see when the SW motion will fully stop

Yeah I am as well, which is why we can't really rule out a threat to the central or western Gulf yet because if this runs over Hispaniola and Cuba ends up being pinballed back into the extreme NW Caribbean or southeastern Gulf, it's an entirely different ball game

Yeah I am as well, which is why we can't really rule out a threat to the central or western Gulf yet because if this runs over Hispaniola and Cuba ends up being pinballed back into the extreme NW Caribbean or southeastern Gulf, it's an entirely different ball game
agree with this 100 percent... folks along the whole gulf shore line up to cape cod need to watch closely.... unreal

I was looking over the 18z GFS, I noticed a slight wobble to the ENE, but the track is pretty much due north once Irma is north of the Bahamas. Is it odd for a hurricane to take a due north track like that? I say it's odd cause hurricanes normally come in at an angle and not straight up. I think Irma will be much closer to the coast or it could make landfall some where over FL if the WSW trend continues. I also find it odd that on the Euro, Irma follows the outline of the SE coast but offshore.

Last edited:
This doesnt mean much in the long range time frame, but it is very interesting. That is some fast flow toward and into the Caribbean. Wouldn't surprise me to see this keep trending south in the short term.

wg8dlm4.GIF
That is a very deep layered ridge hard for it NOT to move SW in the short term

Very good point. Remember that DR NO had it rolling through the straits at one point.

I was looking over the 18z GFS, I noticed a slight wobble to the ENE, but the track is pretty much due north once Irma is north of the Bahamas. Is it odd for a hurricane to take a due north track like that? I say it's odd cause hurricanes normally come in at an angle and not straight up. I think Irma will be much closer to the coast or it could make landfall some where over FL if the WSW trend continues. I also find it odd that on the Euro, Irma follows the outline of the SE coast but offshore.

Matthew kind of did it last year... paralleled the FL/GA coast

also Joaquin in the Bahamas was going SW then did a 180 and went NE

Matthew kind of did it last year... paralleled the FL/GA coast

also Joaquin in the Bahamas was going SW then did a 180 and went NE
I just find it odd that it had it going literally straight up. If Irma remains offshore of the southeast coast, I think it will move ENE and then make a turn to the NW or WNW making landfall over SC or NC, or in between. If Irma makes landfall over FL, I think it will track due north and bit, then turning to the NE or ENE, then NW or WNW making landfall again over SC/NC. Just some educated guesses.

Just getting in due to that crazy finish with Texas A&M...looks a tick south to me compared to 18z so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back