• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions....why are these things trying to cut off and spin these days, when they used to be in a hurry of get out of Dodge. And, why, with hurricanes to the left and to the right, do they not want to give me any rain? Or very little to speak of? Some thing's fishy :) T

Two questions....why are these things trying to cut off and spin these days, when they used to be in a hurry of get out of Dodge. And, why, with hurricanes to the left and to the right, do they not want to give me any rain? Or very little to speak of? Some thing's fishy :) T
Sup Tony

Tony - it's poetic justice until winter ...

and 'Canes make not sleet ...

Maybe it's the JHS rain shield. I believe it has grown to cover parts of SC and GA now, as well as parts of NC. :p

Well, if there is a JHS rain shield that is expanding, it hasn't expanded to me lul. It hasn't rained as much lately but I might have had enough rain for the whole year over this summer.

If south continues then indeed would be a great effect to the islands. For it to parallel with the islands it needs to turn now.

Irma's circulation is also titled from south-north w/ the lower level circulation being displaced north of the MLC and the eye evident on satellite so it's not quite as far south as shown there but still notable...

If south continues then indeed would be a great effect to the islands. For it to parallel with the islands it needs to turn now.

Not only that, but a great effect to it's health as well. As Webb pointed out hours ago, the trend south not only puts more of the US in the line of fire, but also closer to the shreader.

... and we'll see tomorrow about whether it's NO, or JAX, or MIA, or TPA, or SVA, or OBX , or ... 'till then, sweet dreams (not sweat dreams - yet) everyone ... :p

Last edited:
I'll take hurricane season as a warmer up to Winter in the SE, with each day this guy models a further southern track the more threatening and concerning I believe it will become for the East coast of the SE US

This doesnt mean much in the long range time frame, but it is very interesting. That is some fast flow toward and into the Caribbean. Wouldn't surprise me to see this keep trending south in the short term.

wg8dlm4.GIF

I'll take hurricane season as a warmer up to Winter in the SE, with each day this guy models a further southern track the more threatening and concerning I believe it will become for the East coast of the SE US
to be honest... the threat of her getting in the gulf is slowly increasing... especially the eastern gulf side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back