• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when you thought the HMON couldn't get even worse, it did. 240 MPH upper level winds? LOL 180 at the surface. Meanwhile, the HWRF has a cat 5.
hmon_mslp_uv850_11L_39.png

hwrf_mslp_wind_11L_28.png

Glad this is overdone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if Irma brushes the coast, the hurricane force will extent out aboit 75-100 miles away from the center. So the beaches will most likely feel the effects

Even if Irma brushes the coast, the hurricane force will extent out aboit 75-100 miles away from the center. So the beaches will most likely feel the effects
Oh yeah sure enough, also the surf is going to be insane. The WaveWatchIII model is showing surf/swells 20-50' possibly higher. At least 15-30' waves closer to shore and 40-50+' further offshore.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic but I work for a top 20 trucking company. We always get highly involved running FEMA freight to affected areas. We have never had Bid requests pre-Hurricane but just got a large bid request to stage in Southenn GA and Jacksonville. I think it echos the concern of many on the board.

I normally don't get involved in tropical chats -- winter snows in North Georgia is my thing -- but this system has my attention. Living just west of Lake Lanier and having spent years living on the Georgia coast, some of the model outputs are just frightening to watch in that regard. Of course, they're model outputs, and we're eight days out :).

Will be lurking and learning as much as I can, and plan to donate as soon as I am able. Thanks all in advance for your guidance, knowledge and insight. Let's stay safe.

Mods: Please move to banter if so desired and my apologizes for interrupting the discussion flow.

--30--

I normally don't get involved in tropical chats -- winter snows in North Georgia is my thing -- but this system has my attention. Living just west of Lake Lanier and having spent years living on the Georgia coast, some of the model outputs are just frightening to watch in that regard. Of course, they're model outputs, and we're eight days out :).

Will be lurking and learning as much as I can, and plan to donate as soon as I am able. Thanks all in advance for your guidance, knowledge and insight. Let's stay safe.

Mods: Please move to banter if so desired and my apologizes for interrupting the discussion flow.

--30--
It's fine. Welcome to the board! Nice to see someone near my area as well!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back