• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low locations from the 12z eps
401ed8179179189af7fc60c89de937cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Wow!! That right there shows you, that this has plenty of time to change.

Wow!! That right there shows you, that this has plenty of time to change.
If Of course it does . Those western eps members take Irma right over Cuba thus allowing for the storm to weaken and move further west by missing the weakness. Given its current path that seems really unlikely

If Of course it does . Those western eps members take Irma right over Cuba thus allowing for the storm to weaken and move further west by missing the weakness. Given its current path that seems really unlikely

Agreed.

So the most likely scenario as of right now is for Irma to miss FL to the east and then hit GA or SC ?

Looks like right now most the models have it hitting SE Florida and then up to Savannah or Charleston. Of course, it's been changing every day.

I need to read up more into the friction by land and the effects that it can have on movement of TS's. I have heard it before but never really looked into it... Not the weakening part but the adjustments to path possibly...i believe it can in some storms cause them to bend back to the left or NW for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting the chainsaw ready. I've heard about Hugo, and I'm not being caught off guard.
I lived in Gastonia at the time, it was unreal! Trees down everywhere, no power for ten days! The devastation from 80-90mph winds on trees , is amaZing !!

My daughter lives in Macon. I keep trying to tell her and she just says " I live on the fourth floor, it won't bother me." She thinks it's only going to rain. Kids, smh
If the whole building gets flattened, she will be on the first floor! I'd watch one more day , if nothing changes, I'd leave Macon, if it was me!

I need to read up more into the friction by land and the effects that it can have on movement of TS's. I have heard it before but never really looked into it... Not the weakening part but the adjustments to path possibly...i believe it can in some storms cause them to bend back to the left or NW for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look at some of the EPS and GEFS members they do bend back to the west after about 36 hours. Not sure the cause is exactly what your talking about
f68aefee9a346253960bdf52c8a21aa3.jpg
ea9108e06b70e8d65b1fe8215e88bebb.jpg

JB just put on FB, he expects Irma to get to 900 MB on Friday or Saturday !

911.3 MB on N eyewall on this pass, was lowest I saw on dropsond reading

Sorry if it's been explained, but why does a stronger storm feel the tug north more than a weaker one? I would think the stronger it is, the harder it would be to get it pulled

Sorry if it's been explained, but why does a stronger storm feel the tug north more than a weaker one? I would think the stronger it is, the harder it would be to get it pulled
It's like two big grizzly bears wanting to mate - nothing is going to stop them ... whereas if one is (how should I put this?) - a whimp, there's going to be some dancing around before the love starts ...

3. The threat of direct hurricane impacts in Florida over the
weekend and early next week has increased. Hurricane watches could
be issued for portions of the Florida Keys and the Florida peninsula
on Thursday.

The 12Z guidance has generally shifted slightly
westward, closer to the previous NHC forecast. As a result, little
overall change was made to the 4-5 day track forecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back