• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we have narrowed down the solutions to anywhere from the west coast of FL to about 50-100 miles offshore NC. Residents in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina should begin making preparations now. Impacts will extend far from the center esp as Irma undergoes extratropical transition, and Irma is likely to remain very formidable well inland...

I was expecting that from someone, but you, Chris? lol. You got your house battened down? This thing could give you and me a good bunch of wind. I've seen 100 + mph gusts out of them and they weren't 4's or 5s when they came on shore, and I doubt the spine of Fla would cut the wind too much before it got to us. Not looking forward to this thing and it's minion tornadoes. The rain I don't mind :) Tony
My bad, Chris, lol. It wasn't you...
Yes sir. My wife stocked up on some stuff yesterday. I know we are not on the coast, but I have a feeling there will be widespread issues inland with Irma

J HS rainspecial
8fedd360a601efc35e8252197f368047.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Looks like we have narrowed down the solutions to anywhere from the west coast of FL to about 50-100 miles offshore NC. Residents in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina should begin making preparations now. Impacts will extend far from the center esp as Irma undergoes extratropical transition, and Irma is likely to remain very formidable well inland...
I agree

How far out into GA, FL, SC, and NC do you think it could extend?

Yes sir. My wife stocked up on some stuff yesterday. I know we are not on the coast, but I have a feeling there will be widespread issues inland with Irma
No doubt! I can take some gusts, it's all the tornadoes that scare me. Just hope we end up on the west side. At least we might get some needed rain...all at once, lol. Tony

The next big question is going to be when Irma makes the turn near the southeast coast of Florida and the Bahamas.The globals esp the euro cmc and their respective ensemble suites (as well as the gfs ensemble) are still a little unrealistically too weak with Irma. While in the grand scheme of things Irma will be strong enough regardless to feel the weakness in the western flank of the subtropical high, a slightly stronger Irma would feel this weakness sooner and turn north a split second earlier than advertised. This would allow the solution wherein storm hits the Carolinas as a category 2,3, or 4 hurricane or scoot out to sea by the skin of our teeth more likely but we shall see. Long ways to go but I think it's becoming very unlikely that no significant/direct impacts will be felt in the southeastern us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back