• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there will be tropical force winds inland, maybe even some weak hurricane force winds at times. The hurricane force winds will be confined around the core of Irma and on the right side of the path.

Rainfall totals for inland area's, I'd say 2-6", some area's will get more, some less. Depending on where the heavier bands will set up. Tornadoes are possible, but we won't know where exactly a tornado will form.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Folks,

I'm really working today and regrettably, no time to study. I did look at the GFS for this area and am seeing top winds at 29 MPH. Is that realistic?
Will study and not be a dolt once I can get a contract done and out ...
In the meantime, thanks for any input on my question!
Best,
Phil

Folks,

I'm really working today and regrettably, no time to study. I did look at the GFS for this area and am seeing top winds at 29 MPH. Is that realistic?
Best,
Phil
You work????

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Folks,

Best,
Phil
Weather models downplay tropical winds I think for inland areas.

When will the carolinas feel and see the impacts if she is near florida in the early am on Monday? I work at a hospital inland and just trying to have a gameplan in regards to how many days I get stuck there. We know will be getting pts. .from sister hospital towards coast. Also thank you all for great insight and thoughts to help common folks such as myself understand.

Folks,

Best,
Phil
I'd be surprised if you get off that light if it comes up the middle.

No doubt! I can take some gusts, it's all the tornadoes that scare me. Just hope we end up on the west side. At least we might get some needed rain...all at once, lol. Tony
My daughter lives in Macon. I keep trying to tell her and she just says " I live on the fourth floor, it won't bother me." She thinks it's only going to rain. Kids, smh

I'd be surprised if you get off that light if it comes up the middle.
Haven't had/don't have time to look (as soon as 50 pages come off the printer it's back to the day job), but seems like nothing is showing up the middle anymore (???)

southwest shift on the EPS

00z

12z
aeca40054f746ac3a8931703c8c4bce5.jpg
45fbd65424688f10fd2841fe8f524a80.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My daughter lives in Macon. I keep trying to tell her and she just says " I live on the fourth floor, it won't bother me." She thinks it's only going to rain. Kids, smh
I know, right...I was out getting some stuff, and those that I talked to had no idea what might be coming to their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back