• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early 0z track guidance....
11L_tracks_00z.png
A big caution on reading this map. These are what just ran at 18Z, not what is to come at 0Z, It is deceiving, but this is just the end results as of 0Z from the 18Z models.

Thanks for answering,
Overall though it probably would maintain strength longer if it's riding up the east coast due to the proximity to the Atlantic, you have to keep in mind also the speed at which it moves once it makes landfall..... Hazel in 1954 for instance brought hurricane force winds couple hundred miles inland and TS force winds all the way up to Canada as Phil pointed out it's more than A+B=C

Im going to jump on real quick to make sure the stream works for the show. Let me know if it does

I have not gone out with a pole to measure ... but I've scalloped and snorkeled and airboated all over the Big Bend and its creeks, and it is shallow and there is swamp as far inland as you want to go to look for snakes ...

Not sure if someone posted already, but there is no way this is happening. Upper levels near 214 knots, or nearly 240 mph again.
hmon_mslp_wind_11L_42.png
I agree probably not happening but I think this was one of the models we laughed at with Harvey.

I have not gone out with a pole to measure ... but I've scalloped and snorkeled and airboated all over the Big Bend and its creeks, and it is shallow and there is swamp as far inland as you want to go to look for snakes ...
Yeah, and it isn't too elevated at all, so in reality, dump a bunch of rain and flooding will occur on top of the surge.

240 mph winds, hmmmm. not impossible but very hard to believe at this point with no sure track at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back