• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

T
NWS-Atlanta

7-Day Zone Forecast​

..FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON
...tropical storm warning in effect...
TONIGHT
Tropical storm conditions. East winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph, increasing to northeast 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph after midnight
FRIDAY
Tropical storm conditions expected. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 45 to 55 mph with gusts up to 80 mph, becoming south and diminishing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent

Those forecasted conditions presume the NHC track is correct. The HRRR (and the rest) are east of the NHC track.

I'm done with models for the remainder. Radar time.

NWS-Atlanta

7-Day Zone Forecast​

..FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON
...tropical storm warning in effect...
TONIGHT
Tropical storm conditions. East winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph, increasing to northeast 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph after midnight
FRIDAY
Tropical storm conditions expected. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 45 to 55 mph with gusts up to 80 mph, becoming south and diminishing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent

They have been playing catch-up to the East trend

It’s obviously still moving NNE. I think we miss the worst winds here in the Commerce/Athens area. At least I’m hopeful of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sure looks like it's tracking east of the nhc path as of now. I'm hoping to miss it too but I don't know how strong that northern eyewall will be. The good news is this won't be moving west of us it would appear.

The dry slot looks to be quickly filling in over southeast ga. Have about 6 inches so far.

It sure looks like it's tracking east of the nhc path as of now. I'm hoping to miss it too but I don't know how strong that northern eyewall will be. The good news is this won't be moving west of us it would appear.

The dry slot looks to be quickly filling in over southeast ga. Have about 6 inches so far.

Yea. Maybe we can miss the worst of this monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you at the path today, it’s been on the east side of the forecast all day. It’s hard to believe at this point that the NHC won’t make another adjustment east at the next advisory

Back