• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

I've gotta think that even if they're on the west side, they'll at least get Hurricane gusts ? Heck way up in GA 200 miles north is forecast to get Hurricane gusts on the west side of the storm.
East side of the storm, you mean.
When I checked my hurricane only bucket a few hours ago I had 3 in there. Over 7 for the adventure so far. I've missed the heavier slugs since then.

3.08 today as of a few hours ago.
I'm at 7.69" so far. Creek is now filling up!

Its trying to choke off that influx of drier air as we speak, but its running out of time. She may have peaked off shore, and that's a good thing, but I don't think it will matter much either way. Like I said earlier....it will be WAYYY better being 10 miles west of the eyewall than it will be being 100 miles east of it, especially when you get inland into GA.

Just north of Macon. My plan was to find a parking deck downtown and ride out the core later but now wondering if we will be too far west and if I may need to go East on 16 to like Dublin or something to hit the core. But no parking decks out there in those small towns lol

Back