• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

22d173b980f83bdd6f7de3434ceb3b42.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side note: (Former crew member here) LAX-> CLT and we are on approach. Crew has been asked to sit down 45 minutes out. That's pretty rare
Woah, I was on that/one of those flights this morning.
Going to be an interesting evening but more interesting and I'm unfortunately history making morning for 77 west.

I'm East of Lake Lanier so this looks like it will pass to my West giving me the dirty side of Helene. The NE quadrant specifically. I know there are several posters on this board located around this area too. It's been frustrating to say the least watching all the models show the center going to my East while the NHC stays rock steady on their guidance. It's going to be a long night...

I'm sure you guy are tired of this topic but it's a huge difference to some of us.
Agreed! I’m in the same boat.

latest hrrr has the center right on the GA/SC line on lake Hartwell tomorrow morning. NHC track has been an embarrassment today. Honestly it's a joke.

That point isn't even anywhere near the edge of the cone of uncertainty... the cone they have out right now!
They been abysmal with their performance

latest hrrr has the center right on the GA/SC line on lake Hartwell tomorrow morning. NHC track has been an embarrassment today. Honestly it's a joke.

That point isn't even anywhere near the edge of the cone of uncertainty... the cone they have out right now!
If this ends up following the path that the globals have been insisting for days that it would follow, the NHC is going to have to cover why they were completely dismissing them.

Back