• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Just north of Macon. My plan was to find a parking deck downtown and ride out the core later but now wondering if we will be too far west and if I may need to go East on 16 to like Dublin or something to hit the core. But no parking decks out there in those small towns lol
I would go to Dublin or Milledgeville

Just north of Macon. My plan was to find a parking deck downtown and ride out the core later but now wondering if we will be too far west and if I may need to go East on 16 to like Dublin or something to hit the core. But no parking decks out there in those small towns lol
I live twenty miles west of Dublin, there's not going to be any parking decks in all of Laurens County. However, there's plenty of businesses located at the main Dublin exit on I-16.

For the Southern half of Georgia (below Macon), the amount of rain before the main event is the big differentiation factor so far when compared to Michael. With Michael, only a few sections of the area (I want to say mainly around the Peach/Crawford county areas) received any significant pre-event rain bands. Whenever the winds start coming through the generalized area, the copious amount of moisture in the ground is unfortunately going to most likely aid in an excessive amounts of trees falling. I certainly hope that I'm wrong, but this is not looking good at the current moment.

Not buying that at all, from what I am hearing from TWC and local TV.
NWS-Atlanta

7-Day Zone Forecast​

..FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON
...tropical storm warning in effect...
TONIGHT
Tropical storm conditions. East winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph, increasing to northeast 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph after midnight
FRIDAY
Tropical storm conditions expected. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 45 to 55 mph with gusts up to 80 mph, becoming south and diminishing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent

Back