• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Im surprised about this. In Rock Hill weve had a Flash Flood Warning all day and from the tools I have I believe weve gotten about 4in already.
Exactly. I just checked my gauge and was surprised to see it at 2.9”. It’s been raining since about 7:30am. Never anything I would call a downpour, but it’s just a steady moderate rain all day with occasionally heavier times. Kinda with these wind gust now forecast to be around 60mph later tonight and in the morning

Cross your fingers everyone.. so far it looks like the RI is slowing down.

But recon could be a bit wonky because some moron private plane decided to fly into the hurricane. No, I am not kidding.
it’s not slowing down unfortunately

If this map is even close to being correct, FFC may want to consider downgrading the Hurricane Warnings West of I-75 in Georgia.

Given the reports from recon the west side even close to the center is weak, barely even cane gust almost on the center itself....they wont drop the warnings because exact track will matter but there will be places on the west side of the center that see gust 40-50 while 50 miles east on the other side might see 70-80.

Given the reports from recon the west side even close to the center is weak, barely even cane gust almost on the center itself....they wont drop the warnings because exact track will matter but there will be places on the west side of the center that see gust 40-50 while 50 miles east on the other side might see 70-80.
I just don't get why locations west of the forecast track well into GA are under a Hurricane Warning. There's no way on Earth i'm getting Hurricane gusts. Maybe 60 mph at the most.

Back