• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Gefs is much faster than the gfs op
0826223f5cc22a2dd9e3198ac56816b0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey appears to be undergoing an eyewall replacement cycle, characterized by concentric eyewalls with a secondary moat encapsulating the older/inner eyewall. Progressively over time if conditions warrant, the secondary moat contracts and chokes off the inner eyewall, however it's difficult to determine how long this EWRC will take with Harvey. There are also hints of this on satellite imagery as cloud tops immediately in/around the center have warmed ever so slightly the past several frames (as of 2am EDT)... These eyewall replacement cycles effectively tend to significantly slow intensification and/or slightly weaken a mature tropical cyclone like Harvey and that's liable to happen here
avn-animated.gif

Last edited:
Pressure 958 MB as of right now, first pass of NOAA recon ! Wow! Cat 3 imminent , probably already, per Cantore! Winds playing catch up from pressure drop!

9766CB34-3973-4956-9387-6FC2C963A08A.png Dang!! I think here come maybe the final push for it to get as strong as it can

Sheash at the structure. That massive broad CDO is not what you want to see at this point and to be honest Ive never seen it this close to landfall.

Not calling for it, but don't be surprised if this makes a run at Cat 5. If this was away from land I'd bet it would happen. This close I don't know.

110 MPH 952 MB at 7 AM advisory
Looks like it will be slowing down and could stall right on the coast. Wow!

Last edited:
The QPF these models are spitting out is just insane there aren't enough adjectives to describe the type of rainfall they are about to receive, this might be a double whammy like I don't recall ever seeing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

These are just off the surface but the wind is cranking in the NW quadrant of the eye
23066d20c41b1731d52a2a15173f6f75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back