• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

18z NAM is running and through hour 39 no major changes other than slightly weaker ridging. It’s not a good model for the tropics but can sometimes be useful for picking up 5H changes.

I thought some posts said it would be a cat 2 at landfall.

That’s bad enough , why does it seem like some people want this to be as bad as possible ? When opal came through here we were without power for 17 days . It’s absolutely miserable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s bad enough , why does it seem like some people want this to be as bad as possible ? When opal came through here we were without power for 17 days . It’s absolutely miserable

Wonder how long my hotel will be out of power ?

Wonder how long my hotel will be out of power ?

Probably a week+. If you're going, maybe go there early and buy a generator if you can find one in stock. And get lots of fuel. Then, maybe you can sell it afterward? Or can they be rented?? And generator may not be able to handle AC.
I'm being silly as I hope you don't do this to yourself.

I dunno where these posts about a Cat 2 landfall are coming from its well inland by then

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll weaken before landfall like other hurricanes have but that is not what the models or the NHC says right now

Probably a week+. If you're going, maybe go there early and buy a generator if you can find one in stock. Then ,maybe you can sell it afterward? Or can they be rented??
I'm being silly as I hope you don't do this to yourself.
I love weather. Honestly I'll be smart and go probably further inland. I'll have lots of supplies etc.

Very wise point. It's not a good idea to go into the storm and take all the risks associated with it. Hurricanes are no joke let alone major ones, which present a much more hazardous situation. More than likely, you could not be back for awhile.
Sounds good.

How strong was it?

Charlie,
Handshake on that one ...
:cool:

Last edited:
I love weather. Honestly I'll be smart and go probably further inland. I'll have lots of supplies etc.
Go for it. I was in the eye of Harvey that storm was absolutely unreal one of the most amazing experiences in my lifetime. Despite what some people say on here, imo, the reward is definitely worth the risks. I’m trying to go but idk if I can change my test date which is annoying

Back